You will do all your business online and that means contacting editors and companies that you want to write for from the comfort of your own home. It means that you have a real chance of getting that contract that before you only ever dreamed about because you lived nowhere near that company. Now that doesn’t matter and it is possible to secure the contract and complete the contract from sitting in the comfort of your own home.
- Be polite and look for their name so you can address them personally.
- Make sure that you have done your homework and you know about the writers guidelines.
You will be able to pitch ideas to the editor and it will be a simple email. You might find that the editor might want to hold a meeting to discuss your pitch and this too is possible with the use of Skype. You will not need to spend days waiting for the post to arrive you will instead be waiting on your emails, and with the increase of technology this can be direct to your phone so you don’t even have to be at home waiting.
- Ideas can come from everywhere and it is often the simplest ideas that are the best, and the easiest to pitch and write.
Read The Magazine First
Read the magazine must be on every editor’s lips when they read a pitch that just doesn’t fit with the tone of the magazine. So, it is essential that before you send of any pitch to any editor that you know what they are looking for and you have reflected this in your pitch.
- It is always important to read the magazine first so that you know the audience and the style of articles that they normally publish.
- Get a feel for the writing, how they construct the article, the length of the paragraphs and the kind of language they use.
Write The Article And Make The Money
This sounds very easy and in some ways it is. If you have done your homework before pitching the idea and the editor loves it then it will be quite simple and straightforward to write the article and then wait for the money to come in. There are times that you will accept a client where money doesn’t come in and you are just getting the benefit of having your name in print and having the use of a clip to show potential editors the quality of your work.
- Pay particular attention to the article that you have written and that it looks and feels like the pitch that you originally sent the editor.
- Make sure that you have read it through and there are no grammar errors or spelling mistakes.
This article, written by Matthew Anton, is about the online business of writing, and the way that it is possible to complete this all online. If you have found this article to be informative and yet you still have questions that need answering then http://backlinksvault.com/ will be helpfully in answering those questions.
ALSO READ: Why To Think About SEO Link Building Services For Your Online Business?